The categories of personal information we collect depend on whether you are a customer, user, applicant or visitor, and the requirements of applicable law.
- Account Creation. When you create a user account, we may collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and password.
- Shopping with Us. We may collect Personal Information from you to improve your in-store shopping experience, including collecting your phone number or email address to communicate updates.
- Your Communications with Us. We collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our emails, request customer or technical support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
- Social Media Content and Reviews. We may offer forums, blogs, or social media pages, including for you to review your max-bone purchases. Any content you provide on these channels will be considered “public” and is not subject to privacy protections.
- Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests. We may run sweepstakes and contests. Contact information you provide may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes, if permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of winners.
With whom do we share your information?
- We engage third parties to perform services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples of these services include payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, order fulfillment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. We provide personal information to these third parties, but we authorize them to use this information only in connection with the services they perform.
- We may release personal information if we believe in good faith that the law or legal process requires it; we have received a valid administrative request from a law enforcement agency; or such release is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Shopify and/or max-bone, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or others.
- We may share non-personal information with our marketing partners, advertisers and others from time to time. Examples of such non-personal information include the number of users who visited this website during a specific time period or purchased a specific product through this website. This information generally is shared in an aggregated form.
Cookies, Pixel tags/Web beacons, and Analytics Information
- We collect and store information that you enter into this website or that you provide to our Customer Service Department. This information may be used to contact you about sales, special offers and new site features, unless you have opted not to receive promotional communications in connection with this website.
- We collect and store certain other information automatically whenever you interact with this website. For example, we collect your IP address, browser information and reference site domain name every time you visit this website. We also collect information regarding customer traffic patterns and site usage. This information is used to analyze and improve this website and to provide our customers with a fulfilling shopping experience.
- Also, like many websites, we use "cookies", which are files stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. Cookies do not contain personally identifiable information. Cookies help us to identify account holders and to optimize their shopping experience.
- Cookies also allow us to hold selections in a shopping cart when a user leaves this website without checking out.
- Cookies are not used on this website to store your account information; this information is stored securely on this website's server.
- When you log in at this website with your username and password, we will assign you a secure session id. The server then passes your information to you through this secure session id.
- Cookies are also used to track the identity of the website you visited immediately prior to visiting this website; otherwise, we do not track information about your use of other websites. Most browsers accept cookies automatically but allow you to disable them. We recommend that you leave cookies "turned on" so that we can offer you a better shopping experience on this website.
- We also utilize Custom Audience Pixel (Custom Audience from Your Website). A Custom audience pixel is a tiny piece of Java script code that we have incorporated into each of our web pages. This piece of code provides a series of functions for transmitting application-specific events and user-defined data to Facebook.
- We use custom audience pixels to record information about the way visitors use our website. For this reason, each of our web pages contains a custom audience pixel. This pixel records information about the user's browser session, which it sends to Facebook, along with a hashed version of the Facebook ID and the URL viewed. Every Facebook user has a unique, device-independent Facebook ID that allows us to address and recognize users across a range of devices using the Facebook social network, so that we can address our visitors for commercial purposes using Facebook ads.
- The user information will be deleted after 180 days, until the user visits our website again. "Custom Audience from Your Website" respects your privacy. Thus, no personal information about individual visitors to the website will be disclosed to max-bone and max-bone can only advertise to website customer target groups in a targeted way once the customer target group has reached a critical mass. This makes it impossible for max-bone to discover the identity of individual visitors.
Is information collected on children?
- This Web Site is a general audience website and is not directed for use by children. We do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone who is under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you should not provide any personal information to us and you should use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
What steps are taken to keep my information secure?
- We use various security measures, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, to protect personal information that we collect. If you place an order through this website, you will be asked to set up an account and provide an email address and password. You must provide an appropriate email address and password in order to access account information. In order to help protect your personal information further, you should be careful about providing your password to others. If you wish to cancel a password, or if you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of a password, please contact our Customer Service Department.
Can I indicate whether or not I want to receive promotional communications?
- You will have an opportunity to change these selections by clicking on an "unsubscribe" hyperlink contained in promotional emails we send you. Additionally you may e-mail us at our Customer Service Department .
- Please note that any request to be removed from such mailing lists may take up to one (1) week to become effective. Even if you are removed from any such list, if you order online, we will send you an email confirming your order and may need to contact you by phone, email, or regular mail if we have questions about your order.
What happens when I link to and from another website?
What about contests and sweepstakes?
- When we run a contest or sweepstakes relating to this website, it will be accompanied by a set of rules. The rules for each contest/sweepstakes will specify how the information gathered from you for entry will be used and disclosed.
What about online surveys?